Interested in having business in Chile?
Finland and Chile signed a Memorandum of Understanding for fostering the mining sector cooperation in the following fields:
- Encourage the research organizations and universities to scientific cooperation and exchange of experts to promote the development of sustainable mining and use of primary raw materials.
- Encourage mining cluster actors to maximize socio-economic development and the environmental performance of the minerals sectors of their country and regions.
- Promote exchange of best practices in mining education and training.
- Encourage technology and service providers to investigate joint business development opportunities in the field green mining and clean technology.
- Investigate measures to promote technology transfer, trade and investments between the countries in the field of mining industry and mining technology.
- Share experiences with geological and mining data management and information dissemination to promote exploration and mining.
- Sharing experiences with organizing the public governance of mining industry and its licensing.
- Share information and experience of best practices in risk assessment, environmental, quality and safety management in mining industry.
Minister Vapaavuori will pay a visit together with a business delegation to Santiago in September 2014. Please refer the invitation to this delegation visit. Related to these events there is an intention to arrange a business match making jointly with Fundacion Chile to get together Chilean mines, mining technology suppliers and Finnish mining technology cluster companies. If you are interested to participate the match making please contact firstname.lastname@example.org