First Horizon 2020 funding for innovation procurement available now
December 2013 the European Commission adopted the 2014-2020 research and innovation funding program Horizon 2020 that makes available €140 Million in 2014-2015 to support procurers from around Europe to cooperate on innovation procurement in areas such as Health, Food, Energy, Transport, Climate Change, ICT & Research Infrastructures.
Innovation procurement in Horizon 2020 encompasses Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) and Public Procurement of Innovative solutions (PPI) that focus on development respectively deployment of innovative solutions. Calls are open for:
- Coordination and support actions: 100% EU funding for the coordination and networking costs to cooperate on identifying opportunities and preparing for future PCPs / PPIs
- PCP or PPI Cofund actions: 70% respectively 20% EU funding for the costs - including the PCP or PPI procurement cost itself - to prepare and undertake a PCP or PPI procurement
- Updated overview of the calls for proposals for PCP/PPI across the different Horizon 2020 work programmes.
- Funding modalities for PCP and PPI support in Horizon 2020
- Possible new synergies between Horizon 2020 and ESIF (structural funds) support for PCP and PPI projects
- How to prepare a proposal for a CSA or PCP/PPI cofund action (finding partners, proposal, submission, evaluation)
- Info on the calls for proposals open to address any type of challenge of public interest with ICT based solutions.
More info in following sections of the ICT Work Program:
- ICT-35(f): €1M call for CSAs for procurers interested to prepare future PCPs/PPIs (call deadline: 23 April 2014)
- ICT-36: €4M call for PCP Cofund actions for procurers interested to do a PCP (call deadline: 14 April 2015)
PCP or PPI cofund actions can be preceded by CSA actions.
For people that were unable to attend the info day, the videotape of the entire day will be posted here as well shortly.
All official Horizon 2020 documents are published here, including the work programs detailing all the calls and the Horizon 2020 work program Annex detailing the funding modalities (in particular D & E for PCP and PPI).
Go to the Horizon 2020 Participant Portal to get all info about the calls and start drafting and submitting your proposal.