Business with impact – Co-creation Journey to India
Time: March 18th-28th, 2014
Location: Delhi, Patna and villages in State of Bihar.
More than 2 billion people live in rural villages with limited services and infrastructure worldwide. India is major market and development area for new affordable and sustainable solutions answering the needs of over 700 million people in rural communities.
This journey is a great way to explore new business opportunities and pilot affordable solutions in one of the largest rural supply chains and piloting platforms in India. Drishtee, a partner organization of Team Finland, enables supply of products, services and knowhow to 12 million people in 5000 villages by utilizing a wide distribution channel and a network of 10.000 entrepreneurs. Drishtee also provides a 2-way platform for multiple stakeholder groups (SME's, larger companies, research institutions, governmental actors, NGOs, end-users) to co-create new innovations, businesses and social impact. The areas of development are abundant covering agriculture, textile manufacturing, aqua culture, energy, housing, water, sanitation, health, education and entrepreneurial training.
Main activities of the co-creation journey are done in skilled cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams in rural villages. We will do need assessment, recognize opportunities and challenges to create sustainable businesses, and build maps of local value-networks critical to smart business creation. Participating organizations have also an opportunity to pilot their prototypes or already proven solutions together with local actors and end-users.
The journey ends with a networking event in Patna (Capital of Bihar), and a high level reception & workshop in New Delhi which offers us an opportunity to present the achieved results and to discuss with companies and representatives of ministries and other governmental actors about the development needs, delivery of scalable solutions and business creation.
Business with impact offering – during the journey we will
- do need assessment and recognize business opportunities and challenges.
- do piloting of affordable solutions and increase the understanding of how to adapt and implement the solutions to the emerging rural markets.
- assess the availability of local capabilities and resources in innovation and production.
- visualize the structure and function of ecosystem and value networks (key actors in business creation), and network with central Indian and Finnish actors.
Costs. Estimated total costs of the journey are 2500 EUR (for those who reserve their flights early) including the international flights (FIN-IND-FIN), domestic flights (Delhi-Patna-Delhi), and following items organized by Drishtee, Tekes and Team Finland partners: Transportation (cars and drivers), accommodation (5 nights), meals and facilitated activities in rural communities. This price also covers the hotels and events in Patna (1 night) and New Delhi (4 nights) where the results of the journey are presented.
Enterprises have an opportunity to apply for aid to potentially cover a part of the journey costs (this will be done jointly or as individual enterprises, guidance is given by organizers).
Here you find additional information regarding the journey
- Recent info/changes, päivitetty 19.2.2014 (pdf)
- Invitation päivitetty 19.2.2014 (pdf)
- Overview presentation päivitetty 19.2.2014 (pdf)
- Program (draft) päivitetty 19.2.2014 (pdf)
- Info package regarding one of the villages, Saurath (pdf)
- Indo-Finnish cooperation for rural innovation, business and sustainable livelihoods päivitetty 4.4.2014 (pdf)
More information and registration (deadline for registration is 28.2.2014)
Mr. Aki Koivistoinen
+358 50 3094298
Mr. Riku Mäkelä
Welcome to India!
Satyan Mishra, Co-founder and Managing Director, Drishtee
Riku Mäkelä, Innovation Counsellor, Tekes and Embassy of Finland New Delhi, India