Tekes and China – Joint Call for Proposals for Industrial Cleantech R&D Projects
2014 Finland, Tekes and China, Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) Joint Call for Proposals for Industrial Cleantech R&D Projects
Based on the Memorandum of Understanding between Finland (Tekes, Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation) and People's Republic of China (MOST Ministry of Science and Technology) Tekes and MOST have launched the Joint Call for Companies for Cleantech R&D projects. The deadline of the call has been postponed to 20th May 2014.
The funding will be granted according to both countries' usual funding principles. Tekes funds risky projects that create new know-how and innovations. The funding must have an integral impact on the project and the intended results must be significant considering funding. Tekes selects for funding projects that create in the long-term the greatest benefits for the Finnish economy and society. The other applications and the project's impacts on other companies and society are taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
The following technological areas are covered in the joint call:
- Energy conservation and energy efficiency (including industrial energy saving, green building, renewable energy, etc.)
- Comprehensive utilization of waste
- Pollution control
- Haze governance/Air pollution control
- Waste water treatment
Tekes will join the earlier call with Jiangsu province and the new call with Zhejiang province to this joint call with MOST. The call with the Provinces is open with the wider themes.
The procedure for the Finnish participants and eligibility:
- Finnish participants should submit their proposal through Tekes' electronic system and include a project plan and a description of how they will handle their own funding part. Chinese partners should follow the guidelines issued by MOST.
- Eligible applicants will be R&D performing Finnish registered companies which operates in Finland.
- The results of the projects shall contribute to the Finnish economy. The participants must have prerequisites for profitable business
- The applicants should not have unpaid taxes or disturbances in payments.
- For large companies the Tekes'special requirements for large companies' funding are followed
- The participants must fully fill in the application form so that it can be evaluated equally with the other participants applications
- Each applicant company can only apply for one R&D project in this call in the same funding year.
For Chinese applicants:
Tekes will join the earlier call with Jiangsu province and the new call with Zhejiang province to this joint call with MOST. In China the calls are joined like:
- International Cooperation Department of MOST will fund the Chinese implementation units of selected projects by "EU-China SME Energy Conservation and Emission Reduction Research Collaboration Fund".
- To the projects submitted by Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces:
a. if MoST supports, provincial S&T Departments have funding priority, and the maximum joint funding by MoST and provincial S&T Departments will be 3 million RMB.
b. if MoST doesn't support but provincial S&T Departments supports, the project could be funded by provincial funding; the provincial application, evaluation and criteria will follow the provincial funding process and requirements.
Evaluation and selection of the projects
- Both countries will carry out an independent evaluation of the joint R&D applications and will select the eligible project to be financially supported in accordance with their National Laws and Regulations.
- The successful projects will be jointly selected by the two implementing organizations based on the project criteria and requirements specified in the application form
Project content and requirements
The proposals should comply with the following criteria:
- Partners should include at least one Chinese and one Finnish company participant. The project may involve more than one company from each side; academic /research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The joint industrial R&D project should aim at development of products / processes, services, know-how leading to commercialization in the global market.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process (Consortium Agreement is required).
- The work plan and the allocated resources of the project should be assigned clearly to each of the participating partners.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries and the project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- Both Chinese and Finnish sides must submit their application. One side application is not valid.
1. Chinese contacts:
a. International Cooperation Department, MoST
Contact: Li Gang, Jin Xin
Address: International Cooperation Department of MoST, B15 Fuxing Road, Beijing
Post Code: 100862
b. International Cooperation Section, Jiang Su Provincial S&T Department
Contact: Wu Sanmao
Address: No. 39 Beijing East Road, Nanjin, Jiangsu Province
International Cooperation Section of Jiang Su Provincial S&T Department
Jiangsu Provincial Foreign S&T Exchange Center
Contact: Wang Yu
Address: No. 175 Longpan Road, Nanjin, Jiangsu Province
Jiangsu Provincial Foreign S&T Exchange Center
Post Code: 210042
c. Zhengjiang Provincial S&T Department
Contact: Xuxing, Hongchenming
Tel: 0571-87054043, 0571-87055837
Address: No. 33 Huancheng West Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province
International Cooperation Section, Zhengjiang Provincial S&T Department
2. Finnish Contacts
Tekes – Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation
Contact: Ms. Pia Salokoski
Tel: +358 2950 55672
Address: P.O.Box 69, Helsinki
Post Code: 00101
Contact: Mr. Kari Hiltunen
Tel: +86 1391 1874 947
Address: Kerry Centre, South Tower 14F1 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Post Code: 100020 P.R.China
Contact: Mr. Jarmo Heinonen
Tel: +86 21 6104 1477
Fax: +86 21 6104 1432
Address: Rm 402, Bldg 2, 690 Bibo Road, Shanghai
Post Code: 201203