Applying for funding
How do I apply?
Please contact Tekes when planning to apply for production incentive. A short summary of the production sent beforehand will contribute to the discussion. An application can only be made when 50 % of the funding is confirmed and you can submit all the required documents (see Applications Documents) as an attachment to the application.
Finnish funding applicant
- Apply the funding at the Tekes online service.
- Foreign applicants must use a Finnish production coordinator company.
- The foreign recipient and the coordinator enter into a detailed agreement, which also includes agreeing on the terms of payment and payment schedules.
- Finnish production coordinator company with a business ID will fill in the application behalf of the foreign company at the Tekes online service.
- The coordinator procures services for the foreign recipient, pays the invoices and charges the recipient for their expenses and the coordinator's own fee.
- The coordinator keeps an itemised record of all expenses.
Minimum requirements for funding
- The overall production budget and spend created in Finland must meet the minimum amounts shown in the table above.
- The production must form and artistic whole that is based on cultural values (Government Decree on the payment of compensation for audiovisual productions). The production costs must include salaries and fees of creative and performing artists.
- A distribution agreement for at least one platform or one territory
- Participation in the production by a Finnish co-producer who is entitled to intellectual property rights for the completed production or participation of a Finnish production coordinator company in the production.
- The production depicts Finnish locations such as landscapes or architecture or the production involves the use of Finnish artistic or other creative expertise, such as:
- production design
- storyboard design
- visual effects
- colour grading
- animation character/layout design
- composing/music/sound design
- product design/costume
- Applications will be processed within about 40 days. Applications will be evaluated by a Tekes representative and two audiovisual industry experts from an independent expert pool set by Tekes.
- A conditional funding decision may be given when 50% of the total funding of the production has been raised. The conditional funding decision is valid for 6 months. The funding decision will come into effect once all of the conditions laid down in Tekes' conditional funding decision have been fulfilled.
- The name of the funding applicant, the amount of funding applied for and granted, and the application number become public information once the application has been sent.