Production incentive for the audiovisual industry
Production incentive is 25 % cash rebate for production costs in Finland. The production incentive is intended to increase international interest in Finland as a production location and to promote the development, growth and internationalization of Finnish companies.
- Eligible costs include costs incurred from the production of an audiovisual work, including pre- and post-production, in Finland.
- Eligible costs incurred in Finland can be a maximum of 80 % of the total production budget.
- Tekes will approve costs from the date when the application was registered at Tekes and all required documentation for the application has been submitted for the processing of the decision.
- Tekes will pay the disbursement based on the actual costs.
- Finnish or foreign production companies.
- Other audiovisual companies selected to produce part of the production and that are entitled to immaterial property rights.
- Government, municipal or parish authorities or institutions; companies in which the State is a majority holder, or other, similar organizations or institutions cannot apply.
- Feature films
- Documentary films
- Serial fiction
- Animation productions
- Commercials or promotional products
- Non-scripted series e.g. reality shows or talk shows
- Music videos or recordings of musical events
- Entertainment or sports events and their recordings
- Training videos
- Purchases of goods and services, and the rental of equipment and facilities for production purposes from companies liable to pay tax in Finland.
- Salaries subject to withholding tax, paid to employees who are liable to pay income tax in Finland.
- Other costs (flatrate) max. 20% of the total sum of salaries and purchases. Other eligible costs may include travel expenses to, from and in Finland, the producer's fee and overheads. These do not have to be itemised.
Non eligible costs
- Legal services
- Financing costs
- Marketing and distribution expenses
Call for Audio-visual production incentive 2018
Call for 2018 will open on January 2, 2018. We will update the application guidelines and funding terms by the beginning of December. Please read them carefully. The budget for 2017 has been fully exhausted and unfortunately we can not receive any applications this year.