Production incentive for the audiovisual industry
Production incentive is 25 % cash rebate for production costs in Finland. The goal is to grow and internationalize the business of audiovisual industry.
- Eligible costs include costs incurred from the production of an audiovisual work, including pre- and post-production, in Finland.
- Eligible costs occurred in Finland can be maximum 80 % of the total production budget.
- Tekes will approve costsfrom the date when the application was registered at Tekes and all required documentation for the application has been submitted for decision processing.
- Tekes will pay the disbursement against actual costs.
- Finnish or foreign production companies.
- Other audiovisual companies selected to produce part of the production and are entitled to immaterial property rights.
- Government, municipal or parochial authorities or institutions; companies in which the State is a majority holder, or other, similar organisations or institutions can not apply.
- Feature films
- Documentary films
- Serial fiction
- Animation productions
- Commercials or promotional products
- Non-scripted series e.g. reality shows or talk shows
- Music videos or recordings of musical events
- Entertainment or sports events and their recordings
- Training videos
- Purchases of goods and services, and the rental of equipment and facilities for production purposes from companies liable to pay tax in Finland.
- Salaries subject to withholding tax paid to employees who are liable to pay income tax in Finland.
- Other costs (Flatrate) max. 20% of the total sum of salaries and purchases. Other eligible costs may include travel expenses to, from and in Finland, the producer's fee and overheads. These do not have to be itemised.
Non eligible costs
- Legal services
- Financing costs
- Marketing and distribution expenses
NOTE! The financial situation of the Audio-visual production incentive 3.10.2017:
The budget for 2017 has been fully exhausted. Some of the funding decisions are conditional. If the terms of the funding decision are not met by the deadline, the funding is released for application. Applications cannot be submitted at this time. We will report the situation on these pages at the end of November.