Team Finland Explorer Funding
Who can apply?
Team Finland Explorer funding service is designed for small and medium-sized companies and Midcap companies that are seeking new international markets for their products, services or business models. The company may be in its early stages of internationalisation or already operate internationally.
What do we fund?
Team Finland Explorer funding can be used to buy new information and expertise to help your company make progress in a new international market. The funding is only designed for expenses incurred from purchased expert services. The maximum amount of Tekes funding is EUR 5,000–10,000, covering 50% of the total costs of the expert services.
- the company is in its early stages of internationalisation or wishes to survey a new potential export market to an existing product, service or business model
- the company needs external expertise for planning its international operations and to survey new target markets
- the company already has established business operations i.e. turnover for at least one full financial year
- the company's financial situation is solid and they have already secured their own part of the funding.
- the company is a large enterprise, a private trader, a public or non-profit organisation or a company registered in Åland
- the company has tax liabilities
- the company's rating Alfa is below A
- the company's line of business is not eligible for De Minimis funding (primary agricultural production, fisheries and aquaculture)
- the company's De Minimis quota is exceeded.
What can the funding be used for?
Team Finland Explorer funding can be used to buy expert services to support your company's international growth. The service provider can be a company, research organisation, information dissemination organisation or an expert (an individual). The service provider can also be from abroad.
You can find expertise from e.g. Finpro's Expert Search.
Examples of purchased services
- Internationalisation plan and strategy
- Survey of business opportunities, preconceptualisation
- Market survey of an existing product in a new market, and a survey of localisation needs
- Analysis of markets and the competitive situation
- Survey of retailers and distribution partners
For what not?
- The company's salary costs, travel, materials, supplies, rents and machinery and equipment purchases.
- Sectors which are excluded from De Minimis funding (primary agricultural production, fisheries and aquaculture).
- Expert services unrelated to the creation of capacity required in international operations.
- General business consulting services
- Services related to operational sales and marketing
- Staff training
Funding levels and how to apply
Amount of funding
The amount of Tekes funding is EUR 5,000–10,000, covering 50% of the purchased expert services. The company pays 50% of the expert services expenses.
Payment and reporting of funding
Following the funding decision, Tekes makes an advance payment of 70% of the amount to the company acquiring expert services. The remainder of the funding will be paid on the basis of the reported cost following the completion of the project. In its final report to Tekes, the company details what expert services have been purchased, how much they cost and from whom they were obtained. The maximum duration of projects is one year.
How to apply for funding
Funding is applied in Tekes' Online services. When submitting the application, the company must have a preliminary idea of the service provider of the expert services. A company may change service providers during the project if it is necessary in order to reach the objective.
Only purchased services are entered in the budget in the application service, because no other expenses are accepted. Funding provided by Tekes accounts for 50% of the purchased services.
Please note that your company and the service provider you selected may not be linked as associated companies (see further details in section 3.5 of the General Terms).
We aim to process applications within two weeks of receiving them.
De Minimis grant
Team Finland Explorer is De Minimis support defined by the European Commission for small development projects. The maximum sum of De Minimis aid that can be granted to one company over the current and two previous fiscal years is EUR 200,000. The company must assess how much De Minimis funding it has received in previous years at the application stage. Such aid is granted by a range of public organisations in addition to Tekes, such as Finnvera and the ELY Centres.
Tel. 029 50 55212