December 2013 the European Commission adopted the 2014-2020 research and innovation funding program Horizon 2020 that makes available €140 Million in 2014-2015 to support procurers from around Europe to cooperate on innovation procurement in areas such as Health, Food, Energy, Transport, Climate Change, ICT & Research Infrastructures.
Innovation procurement in Horizon 2020 encompasses Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) and Public Procurement of Innovative solutions (PPI) that focus on development respectively deployment of innovative solutions. Calls are open for:
- Coordination and support actions: 100% EU funding for the coordination and networking costs to cooperate on identifying opportunities and preparing for future PCPs / PPIs
- PCP or PPI Cofund actions: 70% respectively 20% EU funding for the costs - including the PCP or PPI procurement cost itself - to prepare and undertake a PCP or PPI procurement
- Updated overview of the calls for proposals for PCP/PPI across the different Horizon 2020 work programmes.
- Funding modalities for PCP and PPI support in Horizon 2020
- Possible new synergies between Horizon 2020 and ESIF (structural funds) support for PCP and PPI projects
- How to prepare a proposal for a CSA or PCP/PPI cofund action (finding partners, proposal, submission, evaluation)
- Info on the calls for proposals open to address any type of challenge of public interest with ICT based solutions.