Celtic-Plus Call for Project
Deadline for the next Call for Project proposals is 15 October 2015.
Submitting a Celtic-Plus project proposal is easy. Just register on the Celtic-Plus online proposal tool, fill in the Web forms, and upload your proposal in pdf. A template for the proposal, and other helpful documents can be downloaded from our Call Information page, and Call process page.
Benefits of participating in Celtic-Plus:
- You are free to define your project proposal according to your own research interests and priorities. Your proposals are not bound by any call text, as long as they are within the ICT/telecommunications area.
- Celtic-Plus projects are close to the market and have a track record of fast exploitation results after the end of the project.
- High-quality proposals have an excellent chance of receiving funding, with an average success rate of 70 %.
- The results of the evaluation will already be known early December 2015.
Celtic-Plus projects cover all ICT and telecommunication issues, such as networks, infrastructures, services and applications. Examples are:
- 5G, next generation of mobile and wireless networks
- Internet of Things with billions of sensors and activators
- Energy efficiency to reduce the enormous amount of energy consumed for ICT
- Satellite and its convergence with terrestrial networks
- Network deployment, operation and management for economically sustainable networks
- Security, privacy, identity and public safety, including critical communications infrastructure
- Smart cities, smart homes, digital enterprises, requiring cross-sector approaches
- E-health, solutions in response to the challenges of the aging European population
- Cloud services and Big data, including the related research challenges for data capture, storage, analysis, transfer, privacy
- The wide variety of terminals, from simple telephones over Smartphones to complex multimedia units
E! 5828 Celtic-Plus – Smart Connected World
Celtic-Plus is an industry-driven European research initiative to define, perform and finance through public and private funding common research projects in the area of telecommunications, new media, future Internet, and applications & services focusing on a new "Smart Connected World" paradigm. Celtic-Plus is a EUREKA ICT cluster and is part of the inter-governmental EUREKA network.
EUREKA is a pan-European network for market-oriented and industry-related R&D. Tekes is the coordinator of EUREKA activities in Finland. EUREKA project funding is applied through Tekes. The national contact points of Celtic-Plus cluster in Finland are mr. Hannu Nurmi (tel. +35829 50 55771) and ms. Tiina Nurmi (tel. +35829 50 55868), e-mails in form firstname.lastname(at)tekes.fi.